Each admin interface element is individually selected for removal. The elements that can be removed are:
- The header WordPress logo (bear in mind this functions as a menu) in the admin bar
- The home icon next to your site’s name in the admin bar
- The “Howdy,” greeting before your username in the admin bar
- Your username link to your profile in the admin bar
- Your avatar in the admin bar
- The Dashboard menu link in the sidebar
- The contextual “Help” link
- The footer links
- The WordPress version in the footer
(There is an associated screenshot which points out these different sections.)
Note: These settings are global and will affect all users who are able to visit the admin pages.
Links: Plugin Homepage | Plugin Directory Page | GitHub | Author Homepage
- Install via the built-in WordPress plugin installer. Or download and unzip
admin-trim-interface.zipinside the plugins directory for your site (typically
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ admin menu in WordPress
- Click the plugin’s ‘Settings’ link next to its ‘Deactivate’ link (still on the Plugins page), or click on the ‘Appearance’ -> ‘Admin Trim Interface’ link, to go to the plugin’s admin settings page. Customize the settings to selectively remove admin interface elements.
Does this plugin allow for each admin user to customize the admin interface to their individual liking?
No. The settings for the plugin apply to all users within the admin pages and not to each user individually.
Why is the admin dashboard still accessible?
This plugin does not prevent access to the admin dashboard; it merely provides the ability to hide the admin sidebar menu button that leads to the admin dashboard.
Katkıda Bulunanlar ve Geliştiriciler
“Admin Trim Interface” açık kaynaklı yazılımdır. Aşağıdaki kişiler bu eklentiye katkıda bulunmuşlardır.Katkıda bulunanlar
“Admin Trim Interface” 4 dile çevrildi. Katkıda bulundukları için çevirmenlere teşekkürler.
“Admin Trim Interface” eklentisini dilinize çevirin.
Geliştirmeyle ilgilenir misiniz?
Kodu görüntüle, SVN deposuna göz at veya RSS ile geliştirme günlüğüne abone ol.
- Fix: Update plugin framework to 061 to fix a bug preventing settings from getting saved
- This minor release updates the plugin framework and notes compatibility through WP 5.7+.
- Change: Update plugin framework to 060
- Rename class from
- Move string translation handling into inheriting class making the plugin framework code plugin-agnostic
- Add abstract function
get_c2c_string()as a getter for translated strings
- Replace all existing string usage with calls to
- Add abstract function
- Handle WordPress’s deprecation of the use of the term “whitelist”
- Change: Rename
- Change: Use
add_allowed_options()instead of deprecated
add_option_whitelist()for WP 5.5+
- Change: Hook
allowed_optionsfilter instead of deprecated
whitelist_optionsfor WP 5.5+
- Change: Rename
- New: Add initial unit tests (currently just covering
is_wp_version_cmp()as a utility to compare current WP version against a given WP version
contextual_help()to be easier to read, and correct function docblocks
- Don’t translate urlencoded donation email body text
- Add inline comments for translators to clarify purpose of placeholders
- Change PHP package name (make it singular)
- Tweak inline function description
- Note compatibility through WP 5.7+
- Update copyright date (2021)
- Allow setting integer input value to include commas
number_format_i18n()to format integer value within input field
- Update link to coffee2code.com to be HTTPS
readme_url()to refer to plugin’s readme.txt on plugins.svn.wordpress.org
- Remove defunct line of code
- Change: Move translation of all parent class strings into main plugin file
- Change: Note compatibility through WP 5.7+
- Change: Update copyright date (2021)
- Change: Tweak formatting for readme.txt changelog entry for v3.4
- This recommended release adds the ability to hide the “My Sites” icon, prevents output of plugin-specific settings styles on other admin pages, omits the
styletag for themes that support ‘html5’, updates the plugin framework, adds a TODO.md file, updates a few URLs to be HTTPS, expands unit testing, updates compatibility to be WP 4.9 through 5.4+, and more.
- New: Add ability to trim “My Sites” icon in admin bar
- New: Add HTML5 compliance by omitting
typeattribute when the theme supports ‘html5’
- Change: Prevent output of plugin-page specific CSS elsewhere
- Change: Discontinue handling for contextual help text added via deprecated filter
- Change: Update plugin framework to 050
- Allow a hash entry to literally have ‘0’ as a value without being entirely omitted when saved
- Output donation markup using
printf()rather than using string concatenation
- Update copyright date (2020)
- Note compatibility through WP 5.4+
- Drop compatibility with version of WP older than 4.9
- New: Add TODO.md and move existing TODO list from top of main plugin file into it
- Change: Refactor handling of dynamic CSS rules and ensure they output properly indented
- Change: Adjust some CSS formatting (add second colon for
::beforeand spaces around
- Change: Adjust output spacing for CSS
- Change: Note compatibility through WP 5.4+
- Change: Drop compatibility for version of WP older than 4.9
- Change: Add missing text domain from a few string translation calls
- Change: Remove unnecessary numbering of sole placeholder in string
- Change: Update links to coffee2code.com to be HTTPS
- Change: Update legend image
- Change: Update screenshot images
- Unit tests:
- New: Add tests for
- New: Add test for setting name
- New: Add helper
set_current_screen()for setting the current screen, defaulting to plugin’s setting page
- Change: Store plugin instance in test object to simplify referencing it
- Change: Update tests for default hooks, removing a duplicate and adding 2 that were missing
- Change: Use HTTPS for link to WP SVN repository in bin script for configuring unit tests (and delete commented-out code)
- New: Add tests for
Full changelog is available in CHANGELOG.md.