Looking for a lightweight SEO plugin to improve your site’s search engine rankings? The Ahrefs SEO WordPress plugin helps you perform content audits so you can get more organic traffic to your website.
Getting organic traffic to your site is hard. The most prolific content creators have discovered that to win at the SEO game, you need to commit to publishing in-depth content regularly. While publishing frequently is helpful for getting high search engine rankings, doing it without a concrete strategy can result in a bloated and under-optimized website.
Knowing your website’s backlink profile is also an essential part of securing high search rankings. Understanding which sites are linking to your content helps you better plan your content promotion strategy.
The best marketers know that dedicating resources to improve their content and acquire backlinks generate massive rewards. Unfortunately, not everyone has the expertise to analyze a complex set of data to perform these simple yet important tasks.
After years of building SEO tools for some of the top search marketing professionals, we are giving regular WordPress sites the ability to tap into these resources and expertise so you can start winning at the SEO game too.
Unique to Ahrefs SEO plugin
There are a lot of other SEO plugins in the market… So you must be thinking, why another one? First of all, the Ahrefs SEO plugin is complimentary to the other SEO plugins you are using. We’re focusing on features unique to Ahrefs:
Ahrefs boasts the world’s largest index of live backlinks. We update it with fresh data every 15-30 minutes. We use backlink data to calculate our proprietary metrics: Ahrefs Rank, Domain Rating and URL Rating.
Google Analytics Integration
Unlike other plugins, we don’t just pull data into your WordPress Admin and show you the same information that you can see on your Google Analytics dashboard. We analyze your traffic and conversion data to give you an idea of what to do next so you can take actionable steps towards getting more search traffic.
Google Search Console Integration
We utilize your Google Search Console connection to provide you with better target keyword recommendations for your posts. We analyze your keywords data to give you suggestions on how to redirect or merge your content.
We combine data from our backlink index together with your Google Analytics & Search Console account to provide you targeted recommendations on how to improve your content so it gets more search traffic.
And the usual best-practices
Other than the unique features, we make sure that we adhere to the best-practices for WordPress plugin development.
The plugin puts a minimal load on your WordPress servers.
Easy to setup and configure
The setup wizard is a three step configuration that gets you started in less than 5 minutes.
Check out other paid tools on ahrefs.com
Getting started with Ahrefs SEO consists of just two simple steps: installing and setting up the plugin.
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Ahrefs SEO’
- Install Ahrefs SEO once it appears
- Activate Ahrefs SEO from your Plugins page;
- Go to “after activation” below.
- Upload the ‘ahrefs-seo’ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory;
- Activate the Ahrefs SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress;
- Go to ‘after activation’ below.
- Click on the Ahrefs SEO tab;
- You should see the Ahrefs SEO setup wizard;
- Go through the setup wizard and follow the steps to connect Ahrefs to your site;
- Voila, that’s it – you’re ready to use the plugin!
Can I use the plugin if I am not a paying customer of Ahrefs?
Yes you can. You can opt for a free Authorization code during the plugin activation and perform a full content audit for your site. However, the free code is temporary and expires every few weeks, so you’ll have to reconnect the plugin each time this happens.
I am a paying customer of Ahrefs. How does this affect my subscription?
Your subscription of Ahrefs comes with Integration Rows that will be consumed with each API request. You can check the remaining balance in the plugin under ‘Settings’ or in your Ahrefs account under ‘API profile’.
How does the content audit in Ahrefs SEO plugin work?
A content audit is where you analyze the performance of all content on your site to determine whether it should be kept as-is, updated, deleted, consolidated, or redirected.
This results in a healthier site with fewer underperforming low-quality pages.
It’s the online equivalent of a spring clean. You’re getting rid of anything and everything you don’t need and freshening up the place for your visitors—and Google.
Read more about how the plugin works here.
Do I need to connect Ahrefs & Google accounts for this plugin to work?
Ahrefs, Google Analytics & Google Search Console are required connections for the plugin to work. Giving actual site organic traffic & keyword position data to the plugin will allow the content audit to perform optimally, giving you better and more accurate recommendations.
Does this replace other SEO plugins that I have installed?
No this does not. The Ahrefs SEO plugin focuses on auditing your site content and is meant to work alongside some of your favorite WordPress SEO plugins.
It works perfectly well with other plugins like Yoast, Rank Math, SEOPress.
Katkıda Bulunanlar ve Geliştiriciler
“Ahrefs SEO” açık kaynaklı yazılımdır. Aşağıdaki kişiler bu eklentiye katkıda bulunmuşlardır.Katkıda bulunanlar
Release date: January 18th, 2022
- Updated GA Admin API functions due to changes in the API.
Release date: January 13th, 2022
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.2 release brings a couple of new features:
- We now support the Redirection plugin. If you have redirects set there, we’ll know and automatically exclude redirected articles from the audit.
- It’s now possible to adjust the speed of scheduled audits. Look for the “Delay between requests” option in the plugin settings.
- And as usual, we did a bunch of smaller improvements and bug fixes.
Release date: December 2nd, 2021
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.1 release is focused on canonical tags:
- Identifying non-canonical posts. We now recognize non-canonical posts and automatically exclude them from the audit. We support canonical tags set in Yoast, RankMath, AIOSEO and in WordPress itself.
- Support for the primary category set in Yoast. Previously, if your post fell under multiple categories and you included a category in your URL permalinks, we might not have correctly identified the primary category set in Yoast and hence analyzed an incorrect URL. This has been fixed.
- Audit progress indication. This is now more responsive and smoother. In the past, it might have seemed like the audit was stuck, especially on larger websites. But now, the real-time audit completion percentages let you know that all is going well.
- Design and description of suggested actions. The reasons why we put a post in a particular category now look clearer and more informative.
- Some other small bug fixes and improvements.
Release date: November 10th, 2021
With the new Ahrefs SEO 0.9.0 release, you can now import target keywords from AIOSEO in addition to the two plugins we already support: Yoast and RankMath.
We also improved the handling and reporting of misconfiguration and server errors during DB upgrades, plus fixed a bunch of smaller bugs.
Release date: October 19th, 2021
We updated the API calls in our code due to the latest Search Console API infrastructure upgrade
Release date: October 1st, 2021
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.8.8 release adds a major new feature alongside the usual improvements:
- Keyword synchronization with Yoast and RankMath: you no longer need to enter the same target keywords in two plugins at once. If you have preconfigured target keywords in one of these plugins, Ahrefs SEO will pull and update them automatically with every content audit.
- Updated keyword selection modal: it’s now more convenient and mobile friendly.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release date: September 14th, 2021
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.8.7 release is related to integration with the main Ahrefs toolset and Google services:
- The Ahrefs platform has moved to a new web address: app.ahrefs.com. All links to Ahrefs reports and services was updated accordingly.
- We made GA and GSC connection error messages more informative and useful.
Release date: September 3rd, 2021
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.8.6 release is here with some new features and improvements:
- We refined the logic behind suggesting target keywords. Now, we take into account both their GSC clicks and position. We still highly recommend checking all suggested target keywords manually.
- We also added a filter for the reason behind an article’s exclusion from audits. It’s handy for figuring out why some posts may not have been included in the last audit.
- We added some new tooltips explaining content audit categories in the main report and GSC metrics in the target keyword selection modal.
- You now have more flexibility when selecting the waiting time to include a newly published article in audits: specify it in weeks or months.
- We changed some column widths in the report to make it look more airy. We also made date formatting in the report more readable.
- Previously, we sometimes considered excluded articles when looking for duplicate target keywords. This bug has been fixed.
- Some other minor improvements, bug fixes and code refactoring.
Release date: August 4th, 2021
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.8.5 release fixes several known bugs and improves compatibility and stability of the plugin.
- We greatly improved compatibility with other plugins. Hopefully, everyone will play nice now.
- Fixed a bug causing duplicate articles to sometimes appear in your report.
- We now display not only the date of your last audit, but also the time when it ended.
- Added a link to our help page with articles and tips on using the plugin. Check it out!
- Various code optimizations and improvements.
Release date: July 14th, 2021
The new Ahrefs SEO 0.8.4 release expands on ways to monitor the performance of your articles and helps identify duplicate keywords. Enjoy!
- No longer “well-performing”: You’ll see a notification if some of your posts lost their “well-performing” status, so you can check them out and work on them.
- Duplicate keywords alert: We’ll inform you if we find articles with duplicate keywords, which might indicate keyword cannibalization issues.
Improvements and bugfixes
- We improved the display of tips and messages. They’re now more compact and convenient.
- Sharing links to reports is much easier – the plugin URLs now contain information about the current tab and the applied filters.
- Contacting support is a lot more convenient. We’ve added a feature to easily share technical information about your plugin installation with our support team so we can help with your requests faster.
- The bug with displaying the plugin on mobile is fixed.
- Other various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Release date: June 9th, 2021
- Restore missing files from previous release
Release date: June 9th, 2021
- Improved compatibility with other plugins
- Updated GA4 API functions
Release date: May 7th, 2021
- Fixed issue with Cloudflare blocking IP of owner site
- Added support for Yoast, Rank Math, AIOSEO noindex detection
Release date: April 22nd, 2021
- Fixed DB update issue
- Updated GA API functions
Release date: April 12th, 2021
- Implemented support for custom post types, woocommerce product pages & category pages
- Changed the scope of audit settings layout