Whenever you try to login into your website, you can use this plugin to trasmit your password encrypted. The encryption process is done by the Chap protocol; this is particularly useful when you can’t use ssl or other kinds of secure protocols. By activating the ChapSecureLogin plugin, the only information transmitted unencrypted is the username; password is hided with a random number (nonce) generated by the session – and opportunely transformed by the SHA-256 algorithm.
In the first login there will be an error, but don’t worry is only a tecnical error. Indeed in the next login’s operation, if the values are correct, there will not be errors, but you give mind because the password will sended in unencrypted way.
If you want more details about this algorithm, check “Building a CHAP Login System”.
This is a zero-configuration plugin.
Enrico Rossomando (redsend) this is my blog about programming, gaming and startup > https://www.mrred.it
- Upload the directory
/wp-content/plugins/directory (Example: /wp-content/plugins/chap-secure-login/ )
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- After this, have fun!!
Katkıda Bulunanlar ve Geliştiriciler
“Chap Secure Password Login” açık kaynaklı yazılımdır. Aşağıdaki kişiler bu eklentiye katkıda bulunmuşlardır.Katkıda bulunanlar
Geliştirmeyle ilgilenir misiniz?
- With this new version 1.6.6 not only “Site Health” is fixed but also “Plugin Editor” (can be used now again to update files) BIG THANK YOU to Thilo Müller for patch file
- Update compatibility up to wordpress 5.4.1 (thanks to Thilo Müller)
- Update compatibility up to wordpress 5.0.2
- Fix JS and image path (thanks to Hisham K)
- Update compatibility up to wordpress 5.0
- Added the new icon for the wordpress plugin store
- Change plugin website url
- Change author information
- Now use a SHA-256 cryptographic hash function instead of MD5. Safer!
- Nothing special, just an icon to notify the encryption password!
- Fixed bug “login failed” with XMLRPC API used by many software like Windows Live Writer
- Added “Change Log” section 🙂