This plugin is to fill the hole in the WordPress plugin directory where users wish to show their latest X amount of tracks on X amount of rows each row being an embedded Soundcloud player.
The user will also have the option to add a “hear more” button to get the next X amount of tracks from the chosen Soundcloud user.
The reason I find this better than embedding a single Soundcloud player (that plays multiple tracks) is that users will be interacting more with the site instead of heading off to Soundcloud and also get a better sense of your website’s style with my plugin rather than a player you slapped on the site.
Head on over to http://campbell-designs.com/donate to buy me a coffee to keep me energised from fixing all those nasty bugs!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
soundcloud-latest-tracksfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Now you can use the shortcode in any piece of text on the site:
[soundcloud_latest_tracks user=”YOUR_SOUNDCLOUD_USER_ID” show=”NUMBER_OF_TRACKS_SHOWN” hear_more=”YES_OR_NO”]
– user: The Soundcloud user name that can be found in the URL of the user’s Soundcloud account.
show: The number of tracks to show of that user (showing the newest to the oldest).
hear_more: Show/hide a “hear more” button that will get the next ‘show’ amount of tracks for the given user.
show_comments: Show/hide comments on the SoundCloud player.
visual: Use the visual SoundCloud player (artwork is used as a background for the player) or the normal HTML5 player.
You can also use the widget name “Soundcloud Latest Tracks Widget” and fill in the same attributes as above.
- Can I use the shortcode AND the widget on the same page?
For now this is not possible, sorry!
- The color setting is not doing anything! What’s happening?
The color setting will change the color of the main controls and buttons ONLY if visual is set to off.
Bu eklenti için herhangi bir değerlendirme bulunmuyor.
Katkıda Bulunanlar ve Geliştiriciler
“Soundcloud Latest Tracks” açık kaynaklı yazılımdır. Aşağıdaki kişiler bu eklentiye katkıda bulunmuşlardır.Katkıda bulunanlar
Geliştirmeyle ilgilenir misiniz?
- Added a color attribute to change the main color of the Soundcloud player.
- Fixed some bugs to do with the shortcode attributes.
- Added a visual option to change the type of SoundCloud player chosen.
- Shortcode and widget can be used multiple time on the same page now.
- Fixed bug where hear more button breaks when no more tracks to fetch.