🚀 Quick Access to Your Donation Campaigns with Give directly from your Toolbar. View and edit your donation transactions, donors and form campaigns. Access reports and typical filter views directly from the Admin Bar – within the Admin or from the frontend of your site.
Perfect for non-profit organisations and private donation fundraising campaigns: This smart WordPress plugin just adds missed and very useful admin links for Give Donations to your Toolbar / Admin Bar. Save mouse travel and scrolling time. Get more productive – and focus on your campaigns instead of searching for settings … 😉
ℹ️ Essential: Toolbar Extras for Give Donations is an Add-On plugin, it requires the base plugin “Toolbar Extras”.
ℹ️ Important: “Give Donations” (GiveWP) is a free plugin for WordPress by GiveWP/ Impress.org, LLC.
ℹ️ Disclaimer: Toolbar Extras for Give Donations is an independent free plugin by David Decker from DECKERWEB. It does not represent GiveWP/ Impress.org, LLC.
♥️ Features – What the Plugin Does
- Set a Featured Form Campaign as top-level item: See earnings (income) at first sight – plus: deep links to payments, settings etc.
- Bring all GiveWP Components into your Toolbar: Donation Payments, Donors, Reports, Form Campaigns, Settings, Add-Ons
- Quick access to Reports, including typical filter views (sub views, tabs, sections)
- All special GiveWP pages (Give Shortcodes) at your fingertips for live preview and editing
- Quick jump links for all Settings, Tools, even from Give Add-Ons
- Up to 30 Toolbar Add-On settings for customizing the experience (components, features, icon, position, label, etc.)
- Give Add-On (Extensions) directly integrated where possible and useful (only when Extension is active, of course) – for Add-On listings see below
- Resources – deep links to GiveWP documentation (knowledge base); also for Add-Ons
- Additional Give Toolbar settings submenu item – for WordPress Admin Menu
- Integration in WordPress Site Health feature (WP 5.2+), on the Info screen
👍 More Benefits
- Non-bloated, already familiar interface (the WP Toolbar)
- Customizeable: make it pretty with your favorite icons and use custom titles and URLs for the top-level items
- Get more focused on your mission, save mouse travel and scrolling time, be more productive with donation management!
- Perfect for non-profit organisations and private donation campaigns – let the Toolbar work for you!
- Any items are only loaded when needed
- Fully internationalized and translatable (but can be disabled if ever needed)
- Use all the other awesome features of Toolbar Extras base plugin – to speed up your non-donation work as well! 😉
- Even a developer-friendly plugin with lots of filters and hooks
🔌 Supported/ Integrated Offical (Premium) GiveWP Add-Ons/ Extensions
- All below are paid premium extensions made by GiveWP/ Impress.org, LLC!
- Recurring Donations – Allows for Subscriptions
- PDF Receipts
- Annual Receipts
- Form Field Manager
- Manual Donations
- Currency Switcher
- Stripe – Payment Gateway
- PayPal Pro – Payment Gateway
- Sofort (Klarna) – Payment Gateway
- Paymill – Payment Gateway
- Google Analytics – Donation Tracking
- Fee Recovery – Recover payment gateway fees
- Gift Aid – for this specific program of the UK Government
- Zapier – dozens of third-party integrations/ connections possible
- Constant Contact
- Note: Support for more premium Add-Ons by GiveWP will be integrated/ added over time
🔌 Supported/ Integrated Third-party GiveWP Add-Ons/ Extensions
- Mailchimp for WP (free, by ibericode) – with dedicated, built-in extension for GiveWP!
- WP HTML Mail (free, by Hannes Etzelstorfer/ codemiq KG) – with dedicated (free) extension for GiveWP called Give Donation – Email Template
- Builder Template Categories (free, by David Decker – DECKERWEB) – categorize Give donation forms – use categories as “global” categories also with other integrations of this plugin
- Members (free, by Justin Tadlock) – manage user roles and capabilities (permissions), including for all dedicated GiveWP roles!
- Members – GiveWP Integration (Premium, by Justin Tadlock) – even better special GiveWP integration for the awesome Members plugin!
- Simple Social Shout for GiveWP (free, by Matt Cromwell) – adds simple social sharing buttons above your Donation Confirmation table
- User Role Editor (free, by Vladimir Garagulya) – another popular role editor/ permissions plugin
- Note: Support for more free third-party Add-Ons will be added if more get released by the community
ℹ️ Important: Required/ Recommended for plugin usage
- Required: User has role
manage_give_settings) OR has a GiveWP-specific user role with appropriate capabilities (permissions)
- Required: Toolbar/ Admin Bar is enabled (user profile settings in WordPress)
- Required: User is logged in (of course)
- Recommended: Plugin’s settings are enabled to show the wanted links (or any filter/ constant in code)
- 🇺🇸 English (United States) –
en_US= default, always included
- 🇩🇪 German (informal, default) –
- 🇩🇪 German (formal) –
toolbar-extras-givewp.pot) for translators is always included in the plugin’s ‘languages’ folder 🙂
😎 Be a Contributor
If you want to translate, go to the Translation Portal at translate.wordpress.org.
You can also contribute code-wise via our Toolbar Extras for Give Donations GitHub Repository – and see where you can help.
📝 Documentation and Support
- For more information about features, FAQs and documentation, check out our website at Toolbar Extras for GiveWP Plugin.
- If you have any more questions, visit our support on the Plugin’s Forum.
- An overview about the ongoing development you’ll find on our Trello Board for the Plugin’s Roadmap
⚡ Liked Toolbar Extras for Give Donations Add-On Plugin?
- Join our Facebook Community Group 💬
- Rate us 5 ⭐ stars on WordPress.org 🙂
- Subscribe to my Newsletter for insider info on this plugin 💯, plus tutorials and more stuff on deckerweb WordPress plugins – join a thriving community of site builders!
- Become a Patron 💜 and support ongoing development, maintenance and support of this plugin
- Follow us on Instagram 📷 and like our content
- Follow us on Twitter 🐦: @ToolbarExtras and @deckerweb
☕ This Plugin …
- … scratches my own itch!
- … is Quality Made in Germany
- … was created with love (plus some coffee) 🙂 – if you like it consider donating
Enjoy using the Add-On Toolbar Extras for Give Donations? Please consider making a donation – every donation helps to support the project’s continued development, maintenance and support.
Thank you very much in advance for your support!
Idea Behind / Philosophy: Just a little lightweight plugin for all the non-profit and private donation campaign runners – making their daily work and life just a little easier.
Last but not least
Special Thanks go out to my family for allowing me to do such spare time projects (aka free plugins) and supporting me in every possible way!
My Other Plugins
- Toolbar Extras for Elementor – WordPress Admin Bar Enhanced
- Toolbar Extras for Oxygen Builder – Add-On plugin
- Toolbar Extras for MainWP Dashboard – Add-On plugin
- Builder Template Categories – for WordPress Page Builders
- Polylang Connect for Elementor – Language Switcher & Template Tweaks
- Simple Download Manager for WP Document Revisions
- Genesis What’s New Info
- Genesis Layout Extras
- Genesis Widgetized Not Found & 404
- Genesis Widgetized Footer
- Genesis Widgetized Archive
- Multisite Toolbar Additions
- Cleaner Plugin Installer
- My plugins newsletter
- Base plugin: Toolbar Extras, version 1.4.6 or higher
- WordPress version 4.7 or higher
- PHP version 5.6 or higher
- MySQL version 5.0 or higher
- Logged-in user that at least has the capability of
edit_give_forms, and for whom the Toolbar (Admin Bar) is enabled (user profile)
- Recommended: Administrator user with capabilities
manage_give_settingsplus the other GiveWP-specific capabilities, and, who is logged-in and has the Toolbar (Admin Bar) enabled (user profile)
We Recommend Your Host Supports at least:
- PHP version 7.2 or higher
- MySQL version 5.6 or higher / OR MariaDB 10.1 or higher
- HTTPS support
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer (via Plugins > Add New – search for
toolbar extras givewp), or extract the ZIP file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Settings > Toolbar Extras to adjust any options for this plugin (“GiveWP” settings tab)
- Now enjoy managing your donation campaigns even faster with GiveWP – and let the Toolbar work for you 😉
For documentation and tutorials visit our Knowledge Base.
- What are typical use cases of this plugin?
In general it will make your donation management with Give Donations easier and faster.
1st Example: Non-profit Organisation
* You have a team, including 5 Donation Managers (User role: give_manager)
* You have lots of donation form campaigns, for example 20 different active campaigns (forms)
* Set your most important/current campaign as a featured top-level item in the Toolbar — logged in Admins & Give Managers see the current income and can access all stuff related to this specific form with 1 (ONE!) mouse click!
* From the top-level “Donations” item: access all Donation related payments, donors, reports (filters etc.), settings, tools and Add-Ons directly from the Toolbar
* This helps your team get more focussed, save time (less mouse travel and searching for settings…) — you gain more time for the things that really matter!
* Focus on more on your campaigns, reports, income/earnings, payment history – because the Toolbar presents these things front and center for you
2nd Example: Private Donation Campaign
* Landing Page, only 1 Form Campaign
* You are the only user of this site/install, of course you are the Administrator (has all permissions anyway)
* Set your 1 campaign as featured in the Toolbar, so you can watch your earnings each time you are logged in into your site
* Focus on your campaign because all important info, views, reports, settings etc. are only 1 (ONE!) click away
* Save time, get more focussed and more productive — gain more time to market your campaign for personal fundraising
- Why is Toolbar Extras plugin required?
Toolbar Extras is the “base” or “main” plugin. It provides a lot of functionality under the hood, like the settings page, and lots of helper functions. This plugin here, “Toolbar Extras for GiveWP” is just an Add-On for it, adding features on top. It extends the functionality, that means, adding more specific items to the Toolbar. In this case specifically for the Give Donations plugin.
- Why is Give Donation (GiveWP) plugin required?
While technically the GiveWP Donations plugin is not “required”, this Add-On here makes absolutely no sense without it.
- Why has the base plugin “Toolbar Extras” the word “Elementor” in its title?
That is only in the plugin’s readme and therefore appears on the plugin page on wordpress.org. The reason is simple: the “Elementor Add-On” is de-facto built-in in the base plugin and not an extra Add-On (like this one here for GiveWP). But don’t worry: you won’t see any Elementor stuff ever. Those integrations are only ever loaded at all if Elementor is installed and active.
So don’t get confused 🙂 On your “Plugins” page in your WordPress install the base plugin is listed normally as just “Toolbar Extras” and that is also the official name and it is referenced everywhere as that only.
For more background info on this topic have look on our website:
* Blog post: Can Toolbar Extras be Used Without Elementor? (or Plugin/ Theme Xyz?)
* Documentation article: Why is Toolbar Extras required and why no standalone plugin?
- Will this Plugin slow down my site?
Absolutely not. The plugin will only do its stuff for logged-in Administrator, and optionally a few things for other Give-specific user roles who have certain permissions. The regular visitors will not see, or “feel” this plugin! Even a registered “Donor” basic user account won’t see or “feel” this plugin at all — it won’t even load in these scenarios.
- Does the Plugin work with Multisite?
Yes, technically it works fine in Multisite, you could even activate it Network-wide if you want. However, that will only make sense, if you also have the base plugins – Toolbar Extras, plus Give Donations – also installed and both were also activated Network-wide.
The normal use case is a single WordPress install with Toolbar Extras, plus Give Donations and this Add-On here.
- More info on Translations?
- English – default, always included
- German (de_DE): Deutsch – immer dabei! 🙂
- For custom and update-safe language files please upload them to
/wp-content/languages/toolbar-extras-givewp/(just create this folder) – This enables you to use fully custom translations that won’t be overridden on plugin updates. Also, complete custom English wording is possible with that as well, just use a language file like
toolbar-extras-givewp-en_US.mo/.poto achieve that (for creating one see the following tools).
Easy WordPress.org plugin translation platform with GlotPress platform: Translate “Toolbar Extras for Give Donations”…
Note: All my plugins are internationalized/ translatable by default. This is very important for all users worldwide. So please contribute your language to the plugin to make it even more useful. For translating and validating I recommend the awesome “Poedit Editor”, which works fine on Windows, macOS and Linux.
Bu eklenti için herhangi bir değerlendirme bulunmuyor.
Katkıda Bulunanlar ve Geliştiriciler
“Toolbar Extras for Give Donations – Manage GiveWP Donation Campaigns Even Faster” açık kaynaklı yazılımdır. Aşağıdaki kişiler bu eklentiye katkıda bulunmuşlardır.Katkıda bulunanlar
“Toolbar Extras for Give Donations – Manage GiveWP Donation Campaigns Even Faster” 1 dile çevrildi. Katkıda bulundukları için çevirmenlere teşekkürler.
Geliştirmeyle ilgilenir misiniz?
⚡ 1.0.1 – 2019-08-13
- New: Video of plugin feature walkthrough and live demo
- New: Video of Add-On installation & setup
- Tweak: Updated
.potfile plus all German translations (formal, informal) and language packs
- Tweak: Enhanced, improved and corrected Readme.txt file here
- Fix: Fixed fatal error on activation (sorry!)
🎉 1.0.0 – 2019-08-12
- Plugin launch. Everything’s new!
- New: 8 Free GiveWP extensions supported/ integrated
- New: 19 Premium GiveWP extensions supported/ integrated
- New: 30 Settings – Toolbar-related, unique for this Add-On
⚡ 0.9.0 – 2019-08-06
- New: Private beta release on GitHub