Post Types Unlimited is an easy way to add custom post types and custom taxonomies to your WordPress site (the right way). The plugin works with any theme and is easily translatable. With Post Types Unlimited you can:
- Create custom post types.
- Create custom taxonomies.
Post Types Unlimited makes use of core WordPress functionality for the admin screens and post type, taxonomy registration. This means the plugin is fast, slim and uses the familiar WordPress UI.
Additionally you won’t find any upsell or advertisements in the plugin because there isn’t a “Pro” version. It’s the perfect plugin for adding post types and/or taxonomies to any site (including your client sites) without worrying about extra bloat or annoying ads.
The design of your post types and taxonomies created with the Post Types Unlimited plugin are controlled by your theme. The plugin doesn’t do any hacking or advanced modifications to your templates and thus works great with ANY theme.
If you are using our amazing Total WordPress Theme you will have access to many extra settings that will give you full control over the display of your post types and taxonomies. If you are a theme or plugin developer you can do the same by hooking into the “ptu/posttypes/meta_box_tabs” and “ptu/taxonomies/meta_box_tabs” filters to register your own settings to the add/edit post type and taxonomy screens.
This plugin does not currently allow you to add custom fields but it works great with the free ACF Plugin.
- Upload ‘post-types-unlimited’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Post Types to add new custom post types
- Go to Post Types > Taxonomies to add new custom taxonomies
What does the plugin do?
It adds a new tab in the WordPress admin panel called “Post Types” where you can add new custom post types or custom taxonomies to your site.
Can I export my custom post types and taxonomies?
Yes you can! The plugin actually uses a post type to register your custom types and taxonomies thus you can use the core WordPress exporter/import for this.
Katkıda Bulunanlar ve Geliştiriciler
“Post Types Unlimited” açık kaynaklı yazılımdır. Aşağıdaki kişiler bu eklentiye katkıda bulunmuşlardır.Katkıda bulunanlar
Geliştirmeyle ilgilenir misiniz?
- Updated the conditional logic code for showing/hiding settings to support checkboxes.
- Added over 50 more Dashicon choices for your post type icon.
- Updated UI to use a single metabox with tabs instead of multiple metaboxes.
- Updated the post type icon selector UI.
- Updated the code used to register metaboxes so it’s better optimized.
- Updated the post type and taxonomy creation process so the name and label is automatically set when adding your title.
- Updated the “Tested up to” tag to version 6.3.
- Added new helper functions that return a list of registered post types or taxonomies to prevent extra database checks for 3rd party integrations.
- Updated the “Tested up to” tag to version 6.1.1
- Fixed post preview not working when enabling support for ‘post-formats’ for any given post type.
- Updated the “Tested up to” tag to version 6.0.2
- Removed duplicate “Menu Name” option for taxonomies.
- Added a new PTU_VERSION constant.
- Updated the tested up to version 6.0.1
- Updated the metabox class so you can pass a callback function name for select choices.
- Updated the “Tested up to” to version 5.9.3
- Updated the requires PHP version to 7.4
- Updated various code to use newer PHP methods.
- Added sanitization when saving post type names to allow underscores and dashes (passes through sanitize_key).
- Fixed Public and Publicly Queryable arguments not working for custom taxonomies.
- Fixed potential debug error in Metaboxes.php on line 158.
- Updated admin dashboard columns to display useful details.
- Improved Menu Icon selector.
- Updated Menu Icon Dashicons list to include new Dashicons added in WP 5.5.
- Improved meta field save function to allow 0 to be saved for text and number fields.
- Added ability to display placeholders for number fields.
- Fixed issue “With Front” option not working correctly.
- First official release