Adds 2 shortcodes so Scribd documents or documents supported by Scribd (e.g. PDF, MS Office, ePub, and many others) can
be embedded into a web page using the Scribd Docs Reader. These shortcodes provide functionality beyond the standard scribd
embed shortcode provided in Jetpack by WordPress.com.
Version 2 Now includes shortcode button and configurator in the editor so you easily enter the information you need to embed you documents. Take a look at the screenshots to see them.
- Allows you to embed a document that has been uploaded to Scribd.
- The Scribd document can be public or private.
- Requires both the document ID and the document key:
- [scribd-doc doc=”DOCID” key=”KEY”]
- Allows you to create a Scribd Reader from a publicly accessible URL.
- Naturally requires that the document type be supported by Scribd.
- Requires both the document URL and your Scribd Publisher API key:
- [scribd-url url=”FULL-URL” pubid=”YOUR-SCRIBD-PUBLISHER-ID”]
Both shortcodes support many optional parameters provided by the Scribd API:
- width: Define the width of the Reader in pixels.
- height: Define the height of the Reader in pixels.
- page: Set a page number for the Reader to load on.
- mode: Define the player mode (either “list” or “slideshow”)
- share: Defines whether the share button in the toolbar is shown, overriding the default (either “true” or “false”)
- seamless: If set to “true”, puts the player into seamless mode
(seamless is only supported by scribd-doc)
If height or width are not set, the Scribd Reader will attempt to size itself correctly.
Note: You will need a Scribd account and a Scribd API key for this plugin to work.
You can sign up for a Scribd account at http://www.scribd.com.
With a Scribd account, you can get your API key at http://www.scribd.com/developers
- Upload the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- If using WordPress 3.9 or greater, you’ll now see a shortcode button in your editor that you can use to enter and configure the short codes.
- You can also manually place a shortcode on any page.
- Where do I find the Document ID and Key?
You will find the document ID and key within your Scribd account after uploading a document to Scribd and going looking at the
- How do I get a Scribd Publisher Key?
You will need a Scribd account and a Scribd API key for this plugin to work. You will see your Publisher key in your API settings within your account after getting API access.
You can sign up for a Scribd account at http://www.scribd.com. With a Scribd account, you can get your API key at http://www.scribd.com/developers
- It doesn’t seem to be working. Am I doing something wrong?
Be sure you’re not prepending your Document Keys or Publisher ID with “key-“ or “pub-“.
- How come I can’t see the shortcode button in my editor?
You need to be running WordPress 3.9 or above to use the shortcode button.
Katkıda Bulunanlar ve Geliştiriciler
“Scribd Doc Embedder” açık kaynaklı yazılımdır. Aşağıdaki kişiler bu eklentiye katkıda bulunmuşlardır.Katkıda bulunanlar
Geliştirmeyle ilgilenir misiniz?
- First version
- Added shortcode button and configurator to the editor, making it easier to embed documents. (Shortcode button functionality requires WordPress 3.9+)